Aalicious is all about Aal...

all about what all Aal did to me and how she hits the refresh button, every time she looks up at me from what she was doing..

Friday, September 20, 2013

Night Wakings of the Child

Hi Aaliyah

Last night I woke as I was constantly coughing. I couldn't sleep anymore.  I just sat up in bed and was going on and on. Absolutely no control on it.  Even a missile launch beside him cannot wake your Dad but he will converse with you in sleep though.

I felt a pair of hands rubbing my back gently. It was You.  You were asking me groggily, 'mamma, do you need some water? Do want to throw up? Do you want to go to the washroom? 

I turned on the lights to see you sitting up in bed, hands still rubbing my back and eyes still shut in sleep. You even asked your Dad for Honitus (cough syrup)who was still sleeping.  You are 5 and a half years old...sitting there and caring for me. :) 

When I was about to be mom, I read all about mid night waking for years. . . to change diapers and medicines and putting baby to bed.  
No parenting book put THIS on it...the child waking to check on me. 
I was never too kicked about being a parent until I had You. Not that I am crazy about kids now or that I go all goo goo...

But if there are parents out there to be...just make sure you get an Aaliyah version. Love you Aal.
Image credit - Google

1 comment:

  1. Thats so cute...and i can imagine the scene. Bet it brought a smile in spite of the cough!:D

    ReplyDelete