Aalicious is all about Aal...

all about what all Aal did to me and how she hits the refresh button, every time she looks up at me from what she was doing..

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Namesake

My dear Aaliyah,

I thought this blog will be my gift to you but then I realised... its a present to me. I am the one who loves to talk, read, tell people about you. So this is all about Aal, aal about what I got.

I remember the day your daddy and I were looking through baby names and when we started for girls, we both stopped at the very first name..Aaliyah..it sounded like music from the crib mobile always does. We couldn't go any further. Your dad looked at me and gave that lil boy smile and we looked no further. All through my pregnancy, though we never knew if it was a girl or boy, I always called you baby Aaliyah in my conversations with you when I was alone and could feel you move inside me :)

We love you more than anything in the world and you are 'Aal we got'

Love,

Mamma

5 comments:

  1. Wow Jo, I had not checked this blog before, you write so well. I will check it more often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delicious first post ! tastefully penned.. looking forward to more aalicious posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is always nice to read the script of a mother. Equally so, we both (Raji and Me)are deeply touched by AKSHARA's dialogs in RISHTHA*****HAI when she talks about her feelings about the child in her womb!! I couldn't help drawing similarities.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love you Aaliyah! I am yet to meet you but through your mother I have heard and read enough about you to make me want to cuddle you - blessings to you forever sweetheart!

    ReplyDelete