Aalicious is all about Aal...

all about what all Aal did to me and how she hits the refresh button, every time she looks up at me from what she was doing..

Friday, April 27, 2012

Milk Tutorial

Every weekday morning, its a sight to watch me getting you ready.  Infact every mom must be a sight because, no matter how early one wakes up, we are always late for the cab,  No amount of time is sufficient for getting you ready on time.  So, I am like, full focus on that one single glass on milk and hoping that by some miracle you will gulp it down in a minute.  Every two seconds  I am motivating you, scolding you, apologising to you for having raised my voice and begging you to finish and in all this, trying find that 'Cool...Calm...Compose!!!'   In short, I am a freak show. 

Often your Dad used to remind me that she needs to enjoy that glass on milk and drink and I would be like 'Pfft! Yeah right!!  Enjoy the milk?  Like that's ever going to happen'.  I would always dismiss his morning infoshare with utmost sarcasm and raise the glass to him, to be on the job and he would fall silent.

One Saturday morning, we all woke at the same time and I got the glass of Bournvita to make you drink.  My first line was going to be, 'Jaldi finish Kar do', out of habit.  Then I thought that since I am in no hurry to rush anywhere, let me try to do what your Dad suggested.  I said, 'No worries, aaraam se piyo'.  I am sure when you looked at me, you thought, what happened to the regular witch who used to come everyday?

You then sat on a raised level on a bolster and took the glass from me and held it like a mike and your posture and attitude and facial expression all started to change.  Suddenly you were a chat show host!  And I was the guest.   You introduced me to your imaginary audience and went on to say in a perfectly British accent (Thanks to cee bee bies)


Good morning everybody!!  My name is Aaliyah Kishore and this is MY beautiful Mamma.  Today we are going to teach you to drink this glass of milk and this is how you do it.  You need one glass, some milk and you do mix mix mix and you take one sip, and two sip and three sip...thrity seven sip.  And there you have an empty glass and then you do a big burp and then you all will clap for Aaliyah and have strong muscles and have dood ki shakti and live happily ever after.  Thanks you!!  See you soon..Byeeee.

You stood up and took a bow and I was like clapping away like you got the Nobel prize for the drink milk category.  We laughed and laughed and hugged and kissed and lots of love flowed after that. 

This was my first chat show ever. I loved every bit of it. Yes your Dad was right.  You did enjoy it.  I am sure I will still be running around like a headless chicken in the week day mornings, but I promise not to cluck loudly.  And yes, cant wait for the next show.

5 comments:

  1. Nice one ...Jo ,... BTW this was not your first chat show...remember GG TV ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too good.
    Just want to add, as a family all 3 of u r the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. See ...now you would think that all the philosophy K is so good at is not in vain afterall ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aal... I am amazed at your imagination! Hope u continue giving such joys to ur mum and dad...

    ReplyDelete