Aalicious is all about Aal...

all about what all Aal did to me and how she hits the refresh button, every time she looks up at me from what she was doing..

Saturday, March 10, 2012

A shoulder to climb on

Hi Aaliyah,

I know it seems like I almost had another baby and forgot about you and your blog. But its not true.... Thankfully. There were too many things happening at my end. Some good, Some great and Some for the good. Will tell you all about it soon. After a long time this weekend was cool and we spent a lot of time at home and chilled. Last evening, a Saturday evening, I was in the kitchen and cooking dinner and your Dad was at the dining table with his laptop and you were as usual on his left shoulder trying to NOT let him do was he was doing.

You never do this to me by the way. Its like 'you own your Dad' and even though he begs you in between to let him do his job, he loves every bit of it, because there is a kiss every 10 secs. Its like a default setting. The typical Kishore's gritting his teeth and holding 'you' like its the first ever time and giving you a kiss on your Chin. He doesn't know this. but I observe him all the time. I can actually count to 9 and on 10 he would look at you and give you a Kiss. Touchwood you are so lucky Aaliyah. Even though you are on his shoulder and trying to climb all over him, and he is telling you that you may fall on his precious laptop and its very expensive etc, his hands are carefully holding 'only you' and every time you are about to fall, he is always reaching out to make sure you land safely. His hands are always cupping the edgy table corners so that you dont bump you head.

And by chance you do bump your head anywhere, OMG the impact on your Dad. The next few minutes would be about how it happened, why, how it could have been avoided, maybe a band aid, some feel good food, blaming me(even if I have nothing to do with it), cursing the furniture that hurt you. Then followed by another few minutes of questions on 'are you feeling better Aaliyah' .

Not to forget when we are inside the car. Until he sees all the ten fingers and ten toes well inside the car, the doors cannot be closed. There have been days when he is so busy checking on you that he doesn't realize that he has half closed his door.

Trust me you are no less, you love every ounce of that pity love, coz you know you get that only from Daddy. If it was me, you know you will have to just dust yourself and move on. Ofcourse, your Dad calls me 'Kal nenjakkari' (Stone hearted) for that. :)

You may go through a lot of Bumps and hurts in life, and you know that you will always have a shoulder to climb on. Love you Aaliyah!

9 comments:

  1. hehe reminds me a lot of Samarth and his dad. They share such a beautiful and special bond :) touchwood our children are lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the one kiss at count of ten default setting :D She is such a cute bunny !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aal... Whats it with u girls ?? (i mean u and ur friend Nethra).... With all the furniture at home, u end up either in daddy's shoulder (as in ur case) or mummy's lap (as in Nethra's case) ... pls tell me about it !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL at "He doesn't know this. but I observe him all the time." :D He reads your blog right? Now he knows!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. D he does not read my Blog :) Maybe if I wrote about world economy he would. I am sure he will read this blog one day coz its about what aal did to us :)

      Delete
  5. awww such a cute post Jo... my daughter took climbs on her papa's shoulders and I would so related to what you had written.. aww..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Every bit of this piece reminded me of Masoom and her Dad and the scenes at home. Word by word. Totally loved this one!

    ReplyDelete