Aalicious is all about Aal...

all about what all Aal did to me and how she hits the refresh button, every time she looks up at me from what she was doing..

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Change in Agenda


Right through the nine months your dad and I never wanted to know if need to buy pink or blue baby clothes. All that we wanted was for someone fun to fit into them. Typically one of your grappies said its going to be a boy and your Cheeku always wished for a girl. I still remember one day when we were shopping and Cheeku saw some baby clothes and she just covered her face with one and smelled it and said, have a girl Nisha....pleaseee!!

Then came the day of your birth and as I was being wheeled into the theater, your dad briefly left his phone with me. I got a text from a doctor relative, who happened to have access to our scan reports, wishing Daddy congrats on the birth of a Son. I was like, what are the odds. I wait 9 months for the surprise and this is not how I wanted to know it. But I did not want to spoil the moment just because of that. After the usual byes and when everyone disappeared and I was left alone in the theater for like 10 seconds, I closed my eyes and wanted to thank God for letting me enjoy these wonderful months of being pampered by your Dad and all. Then these were the exact words in my head...'You know what! if there is just one girl left,keep her for me'.

I groggily opened my eyes an hour later and by then you were born and off to meet ur dad and grappies and Cheeku. I asked the doctor beside me, is the baby healthy? I could hear a sound from an old gramophone say in bass voice, 'heooothy fumma bebo... 'heooothy fumma bebo'...heathy femme babi....heathy feeml bubie and 10 more times and then I heard Healthy female baby.

I tossed my head from left to right to right to right to left and up and down to see where you were. My body felt hammered to the bed, but I could move my head so fast, I tried to get up and then passed out again and to date this has been the 'BEST CHANGE IN AGENDA'.

7 comments:

  1. Needless to say .. devoured the post from top to bottom ! My Fav - " I could hear a sound from an old gramophone say in bass voice.." Falling in love with Aal now.. along with the posts !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved it gal... I remember I asked "Where is my girl?" even before waking from the effect of Anesthesia, and the doctor was shocked, as what I got was really a boy. Loved to have a girl baby so much. Bless(ed) you...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suhasini, I too posted it and shared it with you like a teenager showing off her new jeans to her best friend :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH girl....My doc never told me, If it was a girl or a boy and was too engrossed in commenting on my kid's over grown hair...I had to shriek out...Doctor...Is it a girl or a boy??? The moment she said...Its a GIRL...I could see heaven, cos I know, now I am entitled to a life time of unconditional love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this makes me read more... come up soon with more stuff Jo.. and loved this bass voice too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome Jo !! ... very well written ...aankho dekha haal :)

    ReplyDelete