Aalicious is all about Aal...

all about what all Aal did to me and how she hits the refresh button, every time she looks up at me from what she was doing..

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Our first team huddle

June 6, 2007...I was driving back home from an exam, there was something about that day that made me smile a lot..I am telling it was just coz my exam sucked.

Came home and generally chattinga way with your dad and then quietly decided to take a home pregnancy test. I was anxiously waiting for the result to show up and from the corner of my eye I almost saw the result..I ran out to your dad who was clueless and innocently watching some stock prices. I sat beside him very close like a kitten and he knew I had done something irreversible and not telling him from my silly look.

I told him to go the other room and get whats on the table. He went and I closed my eyes soooooooo tightly shut and when I opened my eyes, he was standing there with his eyes sooo wide open, holding out the kit in disbelief and smiling, and one hand out asking me for a hug. I stood up and we hugged. That was OUR..........Daddy, YOU and me hugging......our first team huddle. You changed our life forever..

That night it rained. There was lightning and thunder very loud..felt like a bollywood film..Your dad was fast asleep, I could not bat an eyelid that night thinking of you...I was wondering if you could hear the thunder then I realised what if you thought it was the sound of me burping :P...I remember putting a pillow over my stomach all night :)

4 comments:

  1. Jo,
    I am speechless...your descriptive skills are so so amazing, quiet natural , yet interesting...keep posting.. I am sure you will enjoy your rebirth as a mum...with lots of lovely memory of aal..:) hugs and love to you and alliyah..
    Khyati

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww.. I am already in love with ur blog ! such a warm post :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. pillow over your tummy is the sweetest thing :) been smiling thinking about that. Aal will love u for that !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing Jo...straight from the heart...Il say this the other way round...Aaliyah is so lucky to have u as her mom :)

    ReplyDelete