Aalicious is all about Aal...

all about what all Aal did to me and how she hits the refresh button, every time she looks up at me from what she was doing..

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Relocating to the South


No Aaliyah! Its not what you are thinking. Its the South Pole. Yeah! Antartica. Not sure if it will still be there when you read this but you can Google to see what it was. i.e if Google is still there. Anyways.

When you were 7 months old, Daddy, you and I drove down from Karwar to Goa. It was a 2 hour drive which your Dad successfully crawled in 5 hours. All because there was a Baby on Board. I am the one in the family with a bad back and your dad would check on YOU at every speed breaker and pot hole he managed to get in and out of. The same day cheeku and chaachu with Maji and Piya, and PG were at Goa but for a short while. Cheeku rushed to see you and show you off to Chaachu for about 20 minutes and rushed to take her train back.

Thats it! Right after that you Dad seemed very troubled in small installements and I knew that there was something about 'LIFE' that he was going to conclude.

On our drive back at a petrol station, we stopped to have some road side chai and your dad was looking for some organic stuff to feed you with. Then in a very philosophical tone he asked, will Aaliyah too come and visit us for 20 minutes and rush away. I could not believe he took 24 hours to frame that sentence. Usually the turnaround time is 10 seconds. Anyways! I said , 'Yes Kishore, she is going to be a very cute girl that boys may want to ask out and yes she will have a 'lot of friends with whom she will travel and its a little unrealistic to expect that your baby angel will go to Goa with YOU every year.

Long Pause.....

He looked at me and the exact expression was 'Even if my daughter didnt want to go this witch will push her away'

Then he says, I will move down south with her...and for a moment I thought he meant Kerala...and then he speaks the rest of the sentence..."to south pole...Antartica".

Thats yet again your daddy for you darling. All I have to say is, I am sorry :) manufacturing defect.

11 comments:

  1. Lol .. Good one Jo ! Manufacturing defect!!!! U never fail to amuse me I say :) love the way the post started n ended..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jo... mean of you to conclude it like that !! Ask your dad his reaction would have been the same when you were young ... !!Kish for the record i am with you :) :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaliyah, this is what I mean by manufacturing defect if u didnt get it. Vipsie here knows me for 15 years now and met you dad a couple of times and just heard and read about you and supposed to be my best friend and he takes your dad's side..i hope u understood now Aal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Suha! U r one loving fan :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. this post beats all.... manuf defect....LOL.... u r too good :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. manufacturing defect :)
    ROFL....so funny :)
    Very nice read...
    I love you Aaliah

    ReplyDelete
  7. And am i so proud of a friend who writes so well!!!! read all the 5 blogs and its just so touching!!!!! keep this amazing family bond forever!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks a lot shweta :)))) and Rajah u too

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Aal,
    One fine day when you read this blog , created for you by your lovely mom, you will know that this blog is also read by other near and dears. I m your athai , but I'm yet to see you and your mom! Does it make any diff? No it is not... I already like seeing you beside me. May be due to the power of writing.... I just read all the posts today and i can say your mom is an English Vaira Muthu !
    Nish, thanks a lot for sharing. I will read the same thing everyday I guess��

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Aal
    One fine day when you read this blog,created specially for your by your lovely mom,you will know that this blog is also read by other near and dears,Im your Athai but i m yet to see you or your mom so far! Does that make any difference in a relationship? No.. not at all and I'm already like seeing you both beside me.May be due to the power of good writing....i just read all the posts today and i can say your mom is an english VairaMuthu!
    Nisha, thanks a lot for sharing.I will not be tired of read the same thing until you post a new one and do post often. Im enjoying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Akhila Akka...I feel on top of the world. :)

      Delete