Aalicious is all about Aal...

all about what all Aal did to me and how she hits the refresh button, every time she looks up at me from what she was doing..

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Oh My God!

Hi Aaliyah,

I have been wanting to introduce God to you, especially since HE introduced you to me.  Your thatha and paatti have been doing enough already, and you know a few slokas from school too but I am still not sure how or what should I be telling you about God, chanting prayers.  Your Dad has a totally different take on this.  He still looks like a preschool kid with his hands joint and eyes tightly shut as he prays and ask him which God he prays to and he will say ‘his Mom’. :D

A few days back after I gave you a bath and got you into fresh clothes, I told you why don’t you go and say some prayers.  As I was saying so to you, there were many questions running on my mind.  I was not sure if I can say that pray to God and HE will give you what you ask for.  Or are you old enough to understand that you should pray for inner strength or that God is within and all of that.  Well I join my hands in prayer, I light a lamp occasionally when I find the match box.  Since you have been born, its always been for you only, like every mother.

So coming back to you, you were chanting a few slokas or rather rapping a sloka and dancing and I tried to tell you to stand still and say it properly. Once you were done, I said, ask HIM for anything now and HE will make it happen. You looked around and saw some green apples on the dining table and turned back to the Ganesh idol and murmured something and I was curious.  I asked you what you prayed and you were like, ‘I told God to paint the apples red’.  I was amused and said, “He made them like that Aaliyah” and immediately you said with your hands on your hips, ‘Oh God! What a mistake, God has become very naughty’.  You huffed and turned away from God to face the oven which was kept beside the table and you saw a black banana.  Yes, I left it out and it became black, which by the way your Dad said that he wanted to eat but saved it for you. You went on to say, ‘Gosh! What a shame! God has made two mistakes.  HE painted the banana also black.  HE has become very naughty and I going to tell Gina aunty(your school principal) and make him stand in the naughty corner.’  I was thoroughly amused at this and even before I said something you went on to say, ‘Who is God’s class teacher?’

Aaliyah this Divine rapo that you have with God is truly refreshing.  Keep it going and remember that there will be some very religious months(read month of exam result ) ahead in your life and sometimes you need to look the other way when God goes wrong. We don’t want HIM to give you a zit on the tip of the nose, HE will get holidays to fall on a weekday, HE will get you into best pubs without id, HE will make cute guys say hi to you, HE will keep your Dad from beating them up, hair from turning grey till you turn a million, HE will make your guy get you a bigger diamond, HE will make your boss bunk work on Mondays, HE will add the extra 9s to your pay check, HE will make available every favorite dress in your size, best shoes on sale, HE will get you a husband to wake before you and bring you breakfast back in bed, and  HE will give you a child like YOU.


5 comments:

  1. Good one jo ... so this is what women ask god ... and god makes ( he tries very hard) men pay for it ... ha ...time to start praying and wishing for some of guy stuff too ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG what do I say - this last paragraph brought tears to my eyes. Aal and you are so blessed to have each other, Jyo!! *Touchwood*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joining hand and praying with tightly shut eyes.. LOL Jo ! ou write so well ..as usual. And am wowing at the last line. Isn't it every mom's dream to have a sweet child like Aal ? Love you Aal ! :) May all your mom's prayers for you come true !

    ReplyDelete