Aalicious is all about Aal...

all about what all Aal did to me and how she hits the refresh button, every time she looks up at me from what she was doing..

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Vogue..Raymond n Pizza


Hi Aaliyah,

Do you know that you actually wanted to come ahead of time. Yeah! its not as cool as it sounds. . . read on.

Somewhere around my 5th month of pregnancy one day I was not feeling upto it and when your dad came home I told him so and we decided to go to the Doctor, he came in his Uniform as he had a night duty that day. When we met the doctor she took me to the emergency room and your dad was left behind in the waiting area. The doctor then said, lets get you admitted and she told me where the room would be and casually and 'as a matter of fact' told that maybe she is in Labour and started walking away. I held her hand and said 'I am sorry, I did not get you'. She then repeated saying 'maybe you will lose your baby, lets wait and watch'. Those were the most cruel words I have heard in my life. I did not want to say anything, i couldn't speak, I couldn't cry, I felt blank and cold head to toe and even before I realised I was taken to another room and your Dad came to the room to see me.

I gave him a faint fake smile as I thought I would not tell him, not realising that the Doctor had already told him. He too returned the fake but assuring smile and said, 'I will quickly go change and get some change of clothes for you too, just be here, I need to call work too and say I wouldn't be able to come.' Just then the nurse came and said, one person can stay with the patient overnight. So your dad it was.

I was sitting by the window alone, thinking about the first wonderful four months and how your Dad pampered me and how will I ever tell him what the doc told me (still not knowing your dad knew) I was alone for about 2 hours or so, and I was just sitting in that chair looking out of the window.

Then your dad came with a huge bag and I was wondering, 'Does he think I am going to be here for ever?' I went into the washroom and changed, silently cried and washed my face and as I stepped out your Dad smiled radiantly, took my hand, made me sit on the bed, gave me the latest Vogue magazine which he picked up on the way. Then as I looked around, he had got pizza so that I didn't have to eat the boring hospital khana. Then he opened the Laptop and played an episode of 'Everybody Loves Raymond' and sat beside me.

I hugged him and sobbed my heart out and told him what the doctor told me and he paused the episode and told me that he knew it. As I searched his face for some worry, my eyes were blurred with tears so I couldn't see much he rubbed my back and said, lets hope for the best and be upbeat and all will be well. He wiped my tears with his big palm, that I felt that my eye balls were pushed into my stomach.

We shared the one bed and I hugged him like a teddy bear and slept all night while he was up reading a book. I bet he read a little bit of Vogue too. The next day I was off for a scan and all was well and I heard your heartbeat and the friendly radiologist said, 'She is going to be very talkative child' :)

Yes you did have plans for arriving early. . . but the pizza pushed you back in place. :)

5 comments:

  1. Unbelievable story. I can't even begin to tell you how much this post has touched me - I feel for you da. I can understand all this, coz I just had a m/c in Jul 2011 - it's awful. Those words shake you like nothing else.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww ... so touching jo ... how did i miss reading this one ... aaal you are one lucky babe to have parents like them .... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thanks vips..i hope Aal too feels it most days or atleast some days.

      Delete
  3. Aww.. Jo.. I missed this post on 27th. So touching and wonderfully written. I could imagine how it must have felt. U write so well. And I thought you are good in humor. You are awesome in these kind of posts too with a subtle humor here and there.. Pizza pushed you back in place... awesomeness ! :) hugssss

    ReplyDelete