Aalicious is all about Aal...

all about what all Aal did to me and how she hits the refresh button, every time she looks up at me from what she was doing..

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Happy Birthday Aaliyah - 22 January 2012 6:28:55 AM


Sunday, 22 January 2012 6:28:55 AM

Happy Birthday Aaliyah Rani! No chinnu, I know your Birthday is on Jan 21st, but I wanted to maximise time with you yesterday so, even though I wanted to post something yesterday, I just couldn’t. After a huge party and fun celebrations, we all crashed early and I woke early with a start. Just like how I did 4 years ago, in the ICU of the hospital on 22 January 2008. All my grogginess gone and up and feeling crisp. I sat there as I waited for the nurse to get me ready to come and meet you. This was the first time your Dad and I were going to meet you together as parents.

I tried to look best in the sad Kerala Nighty. The excitement was such that I tried to get down from the bed and started to take 2 steps and suddenly collapsed (guess there was a last left over drop of anaesthesia that HAD to take effect). Next thing I knew I was in a wheel chair being wheeled to the room where you were. I did not want you to see me in wheelchair and my heart was beating real fast, thinking about seeing your dad’s reaction too.

As I entered the room your Aaji paatti and Daddy happily received me and THEN… I saw a cradle. I never visualised a cradle in my mental picture. Heart beat faster. I got onto the bed and I thought they would get you to me, but patti said, she is sleeping, lets not disturb her. My face dropped. How much more should I wait. I could barely get up to see you and then I told your Dad that it was already unfair that the ICU guys did not let me see you most of all day yesterday and even today I have to wait. Then your dad said, ‘she was born at 9:55 AM da, so technically we are still within 24 hours and it IS her birthday even now. :)

In a few minutes you woke and your dad placed you in my arms and since then the space between my arms and my heart has always been filled by you. Happy Birthday Rajaathee.

So now we can tell Suhasini aunty that she can watch out for the the Birthday post as well.

7 comments:

  1. Aww ! what a post Jo ! The best ever mommy in the whole world ! you should have more children :P (for the benefit of the kids ;) ). Loved 'the space between my arms and my heart has always been filled by you'. :) you rock and so does Aal !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. more children..hmm..let me see, if you can get God to copy paste, I can have a dozen more :)

      Delete
  2. Achho soooo touching :) ROFL on the sad Kerala Nighty ;) :P Some memories are etched in us for a lifetime and these are one of it. I can also never ever forget when the anesthesia wore off after my Csection and I saw Samarth for the 1st time :) A cute little bundle with curly hair :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww Urmi..its a moment we all cherish isnt it.

      Delete
  3. "space between my arms and my heart has always been filled by you" Touched :) she is a very very lucky girl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you smitha. The fact that you read my blog really makes me happy. the newest aunt of aal is so involved in happenings around her :)

      Delete
  4. I feel the mommyness within you when I read your blog....Aaliyah will treasure this blog...keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete