Aalicious is all about Aal...

all about what all Aal did to me and how she hits the refresh button, every time she looks up at me from what she was doing..

Saturday, October 4, 2014

Search

Do you know I used to keep complaining to your Dad that you are not as attached to me as I am to you.  I always felt that you never miss me or never feel the need for me.  Especially when grandparents would come visiting and you would want to go and sleep with them, and not with me and I would be miserable.  My pillows would be wet from the tears.  I would cry myself to sleep and all the while your Dad would be consoling me and convincing me.. "Aaliyah needs you Nisha. She is just a little more independent than what is acceptable to you.  Please understand the difference between independent and dettached." "You obviously mean a lot to her and what you feel means a lot to her too." 

For sometime now..you know what..you have been searching... searching my face.  Searching my face for every change in expression.  The moment I look angry, you want to know what has caused it and you come make me feel better.   The moment I am thoughtful, you come to check if I am sad.  You know how wonderful that feels for a mother like me?  You know what feels better?  Your Dad is the one who is insecure :) and I am the one consoling him :P

You are all of six and for a six year old bestie to come and check on me all the time is absolutely Aalicious. 
Thanks Aaliyah.  I love you more than anything.

1 comment: