Aalicious is all about Aal...

all about what all Aal did to me and how she hits the refresh button, every time she looks up at me from what she was doing..

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Daddy's Navy Blues!

Hi Aaliyah,

School reopens tomorrow and I have been busy locating your bag, books and more importantly the holiday homework.  I think its hereditary that we look for the Holiday homework just a few hours before the school re-opens.  I have had big time issues completing mine in my school days and your Aaji patti will have a lot of stories about it. There was this one time when I had a lot of 3 x 3 digit multiplication exercise which I very manipulatively erased a lot of digits like 8 and 7 and 9 to 1s and 0s.  You will discover soon why I did so.  Aaji patti was so disappointed with me that she shredded all the sheets and made me re-do it.  You are already asking for an ipad, wonder where this is all going.
You dad is helping you with all the assignments and trust me he is so patiently putting up with all your tantrums. For all you know he might me the one converting all numbers to 1s and 0s in future.  Have I ever told you how difficult it is to deal with your Dad on Sunday evenings.  He is a big mess.  He is a bigger mess especially when he has been on leave and has to return to work.  He needs to maximise a lot of time with family on the eve of such days. He is the biggest mess today and you read through why.

You were pretty cool in all this and generally announcing that you want to go to office first and then after that you will go to school.  That’s how it should be actually. 

So as he was packing your bags and complaining about the size of the bag and how heavy the 100 grams school diary is for you, he was appealing in between lines for getting you to bunk school.  He went on and on about how bad you are going to feel tomorrow and how heavy your heart must be as the summer vacation has ended for you.  He also slipped in his request for a Lab pup hoping that maybe I will agree to at least any one thing by chance!

One last time, your dad tried to get you to bunk school when I pointed out to him that it is he who has the blues and he is rubbing it on to you.  I told him to keep the ‘Bye’ very quick and not wave to you until the car is 'dot' to him.  Once again I could see the 'KAL NENJAKKARI’ look in his eyes. (Stone hearted)

He has spent the last 3 weeks with you and done such interesting activities with you, that he is going to miss all the fun.  He took you ice skating, cycling almost all days, generally drove you around and got you ice creams, taught you to play chess like carom, took you for a haircut and stood beside you like a bouncer as an implied warning to the stylist that ‘you are dead meat if the scissor even pokes my daughter’. Bouncers are guys you will spot at pubs and discs, which YOU may never because your Dad is never going to let you see the face of one.  Even if you manage to, he will have a talk with the DJ first.  Not to worry, I will sneak you down, if you promise to take me along. :P.

You are taking it really well Aaliyah.  No blues at all. :) My rockstar you will be.  I think its better for me to tell you to keep your ‘Bye’ quick with your dad else we are going to be spending a good amount on tissues.  Happy Schooling Aal!

8 comments:

  1. HAHAHAHAH Jyo, Kishore sounds like the appa in 'Abhiyum Naanum' ....as always I loved this post.. but why did you change the font, the earlier one was very nice!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I havent seen that movie yet...will surely see it. :)

      Delete
    2. hey you must watch it along with Kishore, you guys will be ROFL because he is just the same as the character being played by Prakash Raj :)

      Delete
  2. jo..i wish my mom promised to take me to a pub/disc. i would have gotten it down in writing. I hope Aal realises how extremely lucky she is :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know smitha. Next time around I want to read the fine print before i am aligned to a set of parents :)

      Delete
  3. So fun this entry was! Especially the bouncer part..lol! Hey the earlier font was good actually. When i read the last para and the "no blues at all" ..i was like Aal has certainly taken after Jo :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Done D :) You are getting to know Kishore more through this blog huh?

      Delete
  4. Good one !! ... as usual Jo .... but i know for sure ...you will never allow Aal to go to the pub ...!! ...I still remember the curfew comment about your dad :)

    ReplyDelete